Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Small World

Well today's the 2nd day into school and I think that the pace of the teaching in SMU is generally ok. Lots of discussion so far and my LTB group has already started on our community service project yesterday.

Had business law seminar today. Pretty boring except for some parts which we had some discussion about.

But there was an incredible event that occurred today.

I was at the bus stop waiting for bus today. Feeling bored, I decided to take out my SMU notebook and record what I needed to do. Suddenly this girl beside me asked if I were an SMU student and our conversation went like this

Me: Ya I'm first year student. You at SMU too?

Girl: Yeah! I'm 3rd year though. That means same age as you la... Where do you stay? Ballota?

Me: No... I stay at Mariam Way

Girl: Hey I live there too. House number ##

(For a moment I though very hard why the number sounded so familiar and I realised....)

Me: HUH? That means I'm your neighbour la!!

So the both of us took the bus ride all the way to school, talking about our families and laughing at the fact that it took us 12 years to acknowledge each other. I dunno whether is it fate or anything else but something did help me to "find" my neighbour whom I had never talked to despite living beside each other for 11 years.

I finally have a friend who stays near me. Haha.

Life is full of surprises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home