Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Correction

You are walking on the street.

Suddenly you saw a friend who you were quite close when you were younger. You very much want to say hello, but somehow, something holds you back. You feign ignorance. Then, the two of you walk past each other like strangers who had never met before.

Have you had such an experience before?

I have. Or should I say I'm guilty of it.

I don't really know what's the reason. Maybe I was worried that I might have mistaken the wrong person. Or maybe I felt that since we had not seen each other for so long it's best not to disturb each other.

Somehow deep inside me I feel the reasons I just gave are all rubbish. I'm just giving excuses.

In the past, I was not a very sentimental person. So to me, friendships came and went according to the times and needs of my life, save for a few close secondary school friends I have.

But some time ago I started to realise the need to be more thoughtful. I think it was after my uncle's(mum's side) death. My uncle had made so many friends, there were some even from Malaysia and Thailand who came to his wake. He had always remembered his old friends and visited them in those countries when he went on holidays.

I realised that at some moment in my life I had friends who had helped me in one way or antoher. And the least I could do was to remember them and not shy away from them when I see them.

I can't say for certain that I'll say hello but I'll try. I need to rid myself of this stupid problem.

One day, I might find myself a more sociable person.

----------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note, I'll be away for the ASOC Camp from tmr till Sat. yes, camps and more camps! Woohoo! And I'll be gone for another camp, Uni-Y from next Monday till Thursday. Most prob I'll not be blogging till next fri.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home