Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Election Fever

Oh man elections are round the corner again!

When the Electoral Boundaries were announced, I was truly baffled. It apparently seems that my house is closer to the prison and pasir ris, rather than the east coast. So why is my house in East Coast GRC?? Well, probably those who are living in Serangoon under marine parade grc can answer me...

Unfortunately I can't get to vote. Yea only those who got the carrots progress package get to vote ain't it?

Well, over the past few days, I've been to 2 rallies. Both were worker's party.

At Hougang, the feeling was simply overwhleming. It was my first rally I've attended too. Hearing the Worker's Party candidates speak, I tried to make sense of their ideas and comments. But there were also loyal followers who cheered at every sentence of the candidates. The magical moment came when Mr Low Thia Khiang spoke in teochew. Hougang is known to be the WP's stronghold and there are many teochews staying there so their support for the WP chief is natural. Mr Low exhibited a unique sense of charima when he spoke, all the more so in teochew. One of his phrases that I particularly liked was something like this

"Now they give you a drumstick. The moment they get into power, they make you pay back a whole chicken."
Simple to the point and a very discreet way of putting it.
I'm beginning to like the wp a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home