Thursday, August 03, 2006

Astria Oh!

Uni-Y Camp 2006 was great!

The people, the facis, community service work we did. Simply unforgettable.

It was also my first time to a nursing home. It was a very humbling experience for me as I have never interacted with older people, save for my grandparents who even so, passed away when I was relatively young.

Initially, I thought that looking after older people would have been a very boring thing. No doubt, the elderly were quite stone-faced when we talked to them. But after they have warmed up to us, we had a great time singing and interacting. Of course, I got myself a "grandmother" too.

And on top of that, Astria, my group, was simply awesome.

The team spirit, the camaraderie formed was simply amazing. Now looking back, I still can't understand how we managed to be so united. Especially the game where we had to sit on each other's legs. And to think that we had the biggest group with 17 people =] I am so damn lucky to be in that group.

So when are we going to visit the old folks again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home