Saturday, October 13, 2007

Updates

Finally found some time to update after a busy first half of the semester.

It has been an amazing first half of the semester so far. RunAbout ended 1 month ago, but it was a great experience. Planning for an event in the midst of the term is really a test of work-life balance and a test of mental strength. The event went off without any hiccups and I can attest to the fact that it has been one of the most well-organised event in school.

Been running often these days, gearing up towards StanChart Marathon. Completing StanChart is a resolution for me this semester so I really want to achieve my aim.

For those who might not know, I am now the Finance Secretary for SMU RunTeam =) Quite busy doing the statement of accounts and claiming reimbursements but it has been fun so far. At least I get to practise what I learn in the classrooms. But being in the exco means that I have to set a example all the time by going for all training sessions and I can proudly say that I have done that. My biggest wish for RunTeam is to make the whole team bond together, something which I think we (the exco) have been doing well so far. So guys, let's keep it up.

I also took part in Le Basi 2007: The Rivalry. It is the unprecedented Inter-Faculty Soccer Competition and I represented Team Accountancy. It was incredible as we, the underdogs, swept past Team SIS and 2 Business Teams to clinch the title.

The finals was just yesterday and I could remember vividly how we played our hearts out. The match ended in a pulsating 1-1 draw but we won on penalties in the end!! To think that many people wrote us off from the beginning. It was simply surreal at the end of the match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home