Sunday, August 26, 2007

Army Half Marathon

Ran AHM this morning, with SMU RunTeam. All 21 km of it.

Quite happy that I managed to complete it under 2 hrs because I didn't really trained for it. Only did a few runs that were not longer than 6 km before attempting the half-marathon.

I was very close in giving up near Nicoll Highway, when the sun started to come out. But when I saw this signboard saying, " Tough times don't last, but tough men do", I smiled to myself and carried out. After all, had come too far to give up.

The feeling of crossing the finish line was exhilarating. Despite having cramps on my calf by then, it was quite surreal to finish with hundreds of other runners.

And I discovered one of the simple joys of life: Having a 100 plus drink at the end of a marathon.

So it is yet another milestone in 2007. More exciting events coming right up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home